Your dry herbs can be taken with much more ease and safety through a dry herb vaporizer. It is a device that gets dry cannabis flowers heated up so as to produce a vapor that has plant material.
When the dry herbs are heating up, the aroma and flavor are extracted and you get to feel the effects when inhaling the vapor.
In this vaporizer, the dry herbs are put into a chamber which heat passes through. However, there are other vaporizers that make use of a cannabis oil concentrate in a cartridge.
How does a dry herb vaporizer work?
The vaporizer works by heating cannabis flowers in a chamber and releasing gas clouds for you to draw on. There are two methods for heating up the dry herbs. They are: Conduction and convection.
Conduction method: This method involves the use of direct contact to heat the dry herb in the vaporizer. It usually uses an open flame heating plate to combust the flower and produce the vapor cloud.
Convection method: In this method, the dry herb is heated using a liquid or gas to transfer the heat. When this method is used, the cannabis is actually not combusted when the vapor cloud is produced.
Convection vaporizers are regarded as a better option than conduction vaporizers. This is because conduction vaporizers may overheat the cannabis flowers in the process.
How do you use a dry herb vaporizer?
To start using your vaporizer, you should take these simple steps.
- Ensure that your device is completely charged or charging.
- The next thing you should do is give the weed a fine or medium grind. Even though some convection devices would allow you use a full bud, it is advised that you grind before vaping weed. This is particularly important for conduction devices.
- After grinding, you can go ahead and put the dry herb in the oven of the vaporizer (herb chamber). You can do this by using a weed scooper or any small card you can find.
- You should make the surface a bit flat after putting in the herb. With conduction vaporizers, pack it in firmly and if it is a convection vape, you can be a little less firm and more even.
- With the weed properly in place, you can go ahead and turn on the device. Choose your temperature as you desire.
- The next step is inhaling the vapor produced. If this is your first time, you should not be surprised if you cough at first, because it takes some getting used to. Give the vaporizer about 30 seconds to a minute before inhaling the vapor first.
- After that, take a few gentle puffs in order to prime the vaporizer.
- Next, drag on the mouthpiece until your lungs are filled with vapor and then exhale.
- Continue inhaling and exhaling this way until you have gotten the effect that you want.
- When you are done, remember to turn off the device and wait for the vaporizer to cool before storing or cleaning it.
Some things to consider first before getting a vaporizer
If you are a beginner and you are not sure what type of vaporizer you should go for, then consider the following factors so you can get what suits your needs.
- Simplicity of use: You are advised to use a portable vaporizer because it is easier than desktop vaporizers in usage.
- Cost: Find a vaporizer that is within your budget. Portable vaporizers are found to be cheaper than desktop vaporizers, so make your choice.
- Method of heating: You can decide to get either a convection or conduction vaporizers. Note that conduction vaporizers are cheaper.
- Size of the vaping chamber: The size of the vaping chamber depends on whether you want to vape with friends or alone. If you want to do it with friends, get the larger sizes.
- Temperature settings: As you desire, get a vaporizer with an adjustable temperature or a fixed one.
- Additional tools and accessories: If you are just starting out, it would be great to get vaporizers with extra tools and accessories.